Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS) program of Tribhuvan University, prepares nurses for carrying out the role of care provider, manager, educator and researcher.
It is a three -year academic program having four major tracks.
Currently there are four specialization areas in Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (BNS):
- BNS Community Health Nursing-3yrs
- BNS Adult Health Nursing-3yrs
- BNS Child Health Nursing-3yrs
- BNS Psychiatric Nursing -3yrs
Related courses (5)
Information for Online Application and Entrance Examination of IOM
- Candidates who apply for MBBS can also apply for another ONE program from among BDS, B.Sc Nursing, B.Optom, B.Pharma, B.Sc MIT, B.Sc MLT, BAMS. Such candidates should fill in two separate forms for these two program with two different bank vouchers. Candidates who apply for BNS program can also apply for BPH Program. Such candidates should fill in two separate forms for these two programs with two different bank vouchers. However candidates who apply for BNS program will have to compulsorily choose the category and campus, which they are applying for.
- The entrance exam will be of 100 marks (a single paper). Candidate should obtain the minimum 50% marks in order to pass the exams. Merit list of those who have passed the exams will be published according to marks obtained by candidates.
- Candidates must use “Black Gel Pen” during entrance examination. Uses of pencils, white correction fluids “Tipex” etc are not allowed and marks will not be awarded if used. Candidates should select the correct answer by simply filling empty bubble completely with black gel pen. There is no provision of “negative marking”.
- Notice for Examination Centers and Results of Entrance Examination will be published in IOM’s website and can also be accessed by mobile by sending SMS.
- If any seats remain vacant in any category of BNS program, then the respective campuses will fill the seats by candidates from other categories of BNS according to merit list. If reserved quota seats remain vacant in BNS program, those seats will be filled by candidates who apply for paying quota. If the seats still remain vacant, the respective campus can call for application from candidates who passed the IOM entrance of BNS of any category and fill it on merit basis.
- There is common entrance for B.Optom/B.Sc Nursing but candidates can only choose one program and this program should only be mentioned in their admission form during submission.
- If any seats remain vacant in B.Optom program, then the vacant seats can be filled from other candidates who have passed the B.Sc Nursing and BDS programs according to merit list. If the seats still remain vacant then it can be filled from candidates who have passed MBBS program according to the merit list. However, if any seats remain vacant in B.Sc Nursing; such seats can be filled only by female candidates who have passed the B.Optom/BDS or MBBS program according to merit list.
- If any seats remain vacant in BDS program, then the seats can be filled from candidates who have passed the MBBS program according to merit list.
- If any seats remain vacant in any of the B.Pharm/BAMS academic program, then the vacant seats can be filled from the candidates who have passed the B.Optom/B.Sc nursing/BDS programs according to merit list. If the seats still remain vacant, then it can be filled from candidates who have passed MBBS program according to the merit list.
- Electronic devices like Mobile, Calculator, Bluetooth, I-pad, tablet PC are strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
- The decision of TU Institute of Medicine will be final in any disputed matter.
- Candidates having passed and secured fifty percent mark (50%) in the PCL Nursing and have one years of work experiences after registration in Nepal Nursing Council.
- Passing of entrance examination conducted by Tribhuvan University.
Entrance examination paper:
The entrance examination will consist of a single paper with 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) on
- Nursing Problem solving (50),
- Nursing core subjects (50).
One mark is allocated to each MCQ. Each MCQ will have four options, of which the most appropriate answer is to be answered. There is no system of negative marking.
The full marks of the paper will be 100 and the duration of examination will be 2 hours. The pass marks is 50% (fifty per cent)
Offering Colleges (13)
- Universal College of Medical Sciences and Teching Hospital (UCMS)
- Biratnagar Nursing Campus
- Birgunj Nursing Campus
- Chitwan Medical College (CMC)
- Gandaki Medical College (GMC)
- Janaki Medical College (JMC)
- Little Angels College of Higher Studies (LACHS)
- Maharajgunj Nursing Campus
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Science (MMIHS)
- National Medical College
- Nepalgunj Nursing Campus
- Neplese Army Institute of Health Sciences (NAIHS) College of Nursing
- Pokhara Nursing Campus
More Detail Of :Bachelor in Nursing Science (BNS) – Kathmandu University