A four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program offered by Purbanchal University aims to produce top-notch nurses with the high level managerial and technical skills. B.Sc nursing degree focuses on providing the student with theoretical concepts and practical skills required to deliver high-quality health service in the nation. The program comprises of twenty-four courses including Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Applied Computer Technology, Educational Science, Leadership Management, Mental Health Nursing and Advance Nursing Practice etc.
Some Purbanchal affiliated institutions/colleges that offer B.Sc. Nursing:
- B and B Medical Institute
- Nagarik College of Health Sciences
- Birat Health College and Research Center
- Norvic Institute of Nursing Education
- Hamro International College
- Hope international College
- Everest College of Nursing
- Asian College of Nursing
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
- Om Health Campus
- Yeti Health Science Academy
- Sanjeevani Nursing College
- Shree Medical and Technical College
- Novel Academy Nepal Institute of Health Sciences
- Chakrabarti HaBi Education Academy
Some of the objectives of this program are listed below:
- To deliver advanced and in-depth nursing education that enable grads to practice their profession in the constantly changing health care environment
- To develop critical thinking to provide holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings using nursing process to prevent diseases and promote the health of everyone from individuals to communities.
- To enhance students’ communication skills, decision-making ability and leadership quality.
- Conduct research activities for the betterment of nursing profession
The candidates must have completed intermediate sciences or +2 with biology, chemistry, Physics, math and English as main subjects and should have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- Attested copies of mark sheets and character certificate of SLC and 10+2 or PCL equivalent.
- 4 copies of PP size photographs
- Certificate of Medical Examination
- Duly filled admission form.
Course of Study
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Foundation of Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Concept and Theory
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Medical Surgical Nursing II ( EENT, OT, Oncho, Emergency Nursing)
- Mental Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing II
- Medical Sociology/Anthropology
- Child Health Nursing
- Obstetric Nursing I ( Midwifery)
- Obstetric Nursing II ( Midwifery)
- Obstetric Nursing III ( Postnatal & Gynae
- Community Health Nursing II
- Nursing Research and Biostatistics
- Educational Science
- Leadership and Management
- Medical Surgical Nursing (Advance Practice)
Scope and Career Prospects
The Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree holder can be appointed in various kinds of governmental and non-governmental organizations, health agencies, societies, hospitals, campuses, schools and institutions. Other areas involve special duties, e.g. working straight with local communities and entities, working mostly with school tutors, directing health edification services, and preparing health workers in nursing fields.
In, general the graduates are able to carry out the responsibilities of various health institutions such as Nursing Officer, basic Level Investigator and Straight Care Provider. Furthermore, upon completion of B.SC. nursing, the graduates can pursue their education anywhere in Nepal or foreign countries.
Not only that the Graduates of this course can find jobs at:
- Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Surgery Centers
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Research Centers
- Urgent Care Centers, etc.