Call for Proposals- Universal Health Coverage Day 2019 Micro-Grant
UHC Day 2019 Micro-Grant Program
- Build and reward high-level political support for UHC, encouraging national or local action plans that clearly define a pathway to success and build on commitments made in the High-Level Meeting on UHC.
- Generate understanding, awareness and grassroots demand for UHC to motivate policies and investments that truly aim to leave no one behind.
- Support an inclusive and cohesive advocacy community—working across issues and sectors—to maximize reach, coordination and impact of UHC advocacy.
- For the first time this year, being a member of the UHC2030 Civil Society Engagement Mechanism (CSEM) before the application deadline on 31 October is a minimum requirement to be eligible for a UHC Day micro-grant. Apply for CSEM membership in advance of completing your grant application if your organization is not yet a member.
- Joint applications are highly recommended to increase the number of campaign countries.
- For applications from high-income countries, active involvement of youth group is mandatory to be considered.
- Small numbers of micro-grants will be available for producing digital art/audio-visual elements for UHC advocacy, which will be shared this December.
The application* includes six short sections:
- Contact Information
- About Your Organization
- Activity Proposal
- Activity Proposal (continued)
- Grant Request
Primary event topics:
Which of the following overarching topics best describes the focus of your event?
- Ensure Political Leadership Beyond Health – Commit to achieve UHC for healthy lives and well-being for all at all stages, as a social contract.
- Leave No One Behind – Pursue equity in access to quality health services with financial protection.
- Regulate and Legislate – Create a strong, enabling regulatory and legal environment responsive to people’s needs.
- Uphold Quality of Care – Build quality health systems that people and commun• Ensure Political Leadership Beyond Health – Commit to achieve UHC for healthy lives and well-being for all at all stages, as a social contract.
- Promote Gender Equality and Women’s and Girls’ Rights.
Secondary event topic: Please select up to three topics that best describe what your activity will focus on, in support of the primary topics above.
- Whole-of-government and whole-of-society action
- Promoting health for economic growth and human capital
- Fighting corruption and tax evasion
- Peace and cooperation in fragile settings, Migrant and refugee health and rights
- Impact of trade and intellectual property on right to health
- Emergency preparedness, building resilient, responsive and inclusive health systems
- Primary health care and its principles
- Prioritizing needs and voices of vulnerable and marginalized populations
- Reducing stigma and discrimination in health systems
- Inclusive social accountability and participation
- Better data for health equity
- Ensuring quality of care and services
- Patient rights & medical and public health ethics
- Digital, AI, social or financial innovation for health equity
- Health workforce training, retention and rights
- Mobilizing domestic resources and reducing catastrophic health costs
- Health literacy and community empowerment
- Youth engagement
- Private sector engagement
- Women as leaders and changemakers
To apply for a UHC Day micro-grant, pleasebefore 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, 31 October 2019.