Coordinator – Gender Justice and Access to Basic Services- CARE Nepal
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications from interested candidates for the following position.
Coordinator – Gender Justice and Access to Basic Services (Based in Kathmandu)
The Coordinator – Gender Justice and Access to Basic Services will provide strategic leadership and guidance to the programs on Women & Girls’ Leadership, Education and Adolescent service models, Gender Based Violence, Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health. S/he will ensure that CARE’s interventions on gender justice and access to basic services are integrated, complementary, synergic and appropriate to the current context and thereby contribute significantly to reducing poverty and social injustice. S/he should be thorough with concepts and experiences around Gender Justice Approach, and comprehensive services packages for Adolescent Girls and Women, including reproductive health, education, skill development and gender based violence prevention services.
The Coordinator is responsible for technical advice and support, project oversight and staff management, policy analysis and advocacy, new business development, and stakeholder liaison. S/he will lead and contribute in project designs, inception review, progress review & reflection, and final evaluation processes and incorporate the findings, lessons learned in to new project designs for replication and scaling. S/he will establish and maintain strong working relationships with different stakeholders, key donors, implementing partners, and other development actors, and act as CARE’s representative for programs on gender justice and access to basic services in national and international forum. The role is expected to facilitate inter-project commentaries and maximize use of resources, and contribute to core organizational objectives around learning, innovation and private sector engagement.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in gender studies, public health, education or social science or any other relevant subject
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience in development project management. Experience in senior program management roles in the field of women and girls’ empowerment, GBV, education, or sexual reproductive health rights is required.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent project and people management skills with program and budget analysis
- Gender sensitive and responsive and experience in gender and inclusion
- Proven ability to think analytically and critically and able to translate ideas and insights into action.
- Strong leadership skill and ability to facilitate change
- Ability to work together with government and other partners
- Excellent advisory skills to build capacity of colleagues and partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation, communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent English and Nepali language skills, documentation and dissemination skills
- In-depth knowledge on current political situation and inequity issues at policy and program levels in Nepal.
- Excellent computer skills (MS packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and prepare good quality reports and other publications.
- Experience in conducting in-depth gender-based research and analysis. Good experience in organization and individual capacity strengthening and conducting training for diverse target groups.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent cooperation skills with colleagues in multidisciplinary and multiethnic team.
- Skills on community led-participatory assessment/analysis and action.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 12 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.
१नयाँ आबमा कर्मचारीहरुको तलव बढ्ने सङ्केत / यस्ता छन् आधारहरु /
२महिनावारी सम्बन्धि पूर्ण जानकारी (समस्या, परिवर्तन , जिज्ञासा आदि )
३कोभिड महामारीले बढ्यो दक्षिण एसियामा बाल तथा मातृ मृत्यु
४समायोजन मिलानको प्रक्रिया अघि बढेको सम्बन्धि मन्त्रालयको सूचना /
५Health Education, Information and Communication (HEIC) Program in Nepal
६Syllabus for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination (2020)
१निर्माणाधीन स्वास्थ्य सेवा केन्द्रलाई अर्थको १ अर्ब ८ करोड बजेट निकासा
१स्थानीय तहमा कामकाजमा खटाउने कार्य स्थगन गरिएको बारे सामान्यको सूचना /
१स्वास्थ्य सेवा ऐन, २०५३ र स्वास्थ्य सेवा नियमावली, २०५५ परिमार्जन सम्बन्धी सूचना
१सरकारले गर्यो स्थानीय तहको वर्गीकरण : तपाई बसेको ठाउ दुर्गम कि सुगम ?(७५३ तहको विवरण)
१स्वास्थ्यको स्तरबृद्दी सम्बन्धि स्वास्थ्य सेवा बिभागको सूचना २०७६
१प्राथामीक स्वास्थ्य केन्द्र (PHC) को परिमार्जित नयाँ दरबन्दी संरचना २०७६
१कर्मचारी समायोजन,सरुवा,बढुवा र रमाना भए पछी भर्ने पारिवारिक दैनिक भ्रमण भत्ता सम्बन्धि अभिलेख फारम ९०६ (साबिकको -१८९)
१कार्मचारीको विवरण अध्यावधिक गराउने सम्बन्धि सामान्य प्र. मन्त्रालयको महत्वपूर्ण परिपत्र