Date: 5th April, 2019
Advertisement of Vacancy Announcement
(Notice. No.: 006417/05/2019)
Association of Medical Doctors of Asia-Nepal (AMDA-Nepal) was established in 1989 as a chapter of AMDA-International, Japan and was officially registered in the government office as a NGO in 1990. It is a humanitarian, nonprofit-making, non-political, non-sectarian, Non-Governmental Organization working with its mission to promote the health and well-being of the underprivileged and marginalized people under the slogan “Better quality of life for better future”. AMDA Nepal is providing curative and preventive health services through its hospitals and projects in different parts of Nepal.
The Government of Nepal (GON) and local communities have generously hosted refugees from Bhutan over the last 25 years in two southeastern districts in Nepal, Jhapa and Morang districts. The large scale resettlement program for refugees from Bhutan began in October 2007, under which over 100,000 refugees have already departed to eight resettlement countries , Australia, Canada, Denmark, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, The United Kingdom, and The United State of America. Currently there are some 6521 refugees hosted in two refugee camps.
Refugees from Bhutan in camps are provided with basic humanitarian assistance and international protection. AMDA Nepal is responsible for implementing primary health services in the refugee camp, while working towards ensuring of a sustainable basic health services for the residual refugee population through their inclusion in public health services.
For more information, please refer to AMDA Nepal Website, orientation/induction packs, broacher and other relevant materials.
AMDA-Nepal invites application for the following positions from qualified Nepalese citizen.
Application form is available on request from AMDA Nepal office or can be downloaded in the link below. Candidate must pay non-refundable exam fee during application submission. One set copy of testimonials, two photographs and exam fee are necessary to submit application form.
Vac. No. 01/006417
Position: Health Coordinator
Total vacant position: One
Duty Station: AMDA Primary Health Care Project for Bhutanese Refugees, Damak, Jhapa
- Job purpose:
- Provide a dynamic technical support to implement public health services for refugees from Bhutan in camps, while maintaining key standards.
- Work for ensuring of a sustainable public health services for residual refugee population.
- Provide a dynamic technical supervision of health and nutritional activities in the camp.
- Be able to advice the project manager on cost effective mobilization of available resources.
- Major responsibilities and Duties:
- Planning and Management
- Support Project Manager for developing plans, strategies and operational guidelines for effective delivery of primary health services.
- Provide sound technical support to Project Manager for effective management of AMDA PHCP activities.
- Plan and develop the programs and detail work –plan under the line management and provide necessary technical support to all units for its proper implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Line manages Operation, officer, health officer, metal health prescribers & Store officer & other paramedical staff in the camps.
- Provide adequate support and supervision to the planning, implementation, management, monitoring and co-ordination of both preventive (community) and curative health program in an effective and accountable manner. Ensure adequate adherence to the checklist, protocols and guidelines. Consult UNHCR relevant staff for any revision if necessary.
- Enhance the capacity of staff to ensure adequate knowledge and skill to provide basic curative and community health services to the refugees in an efficient and accountable manner. Delegate specific technical and management responsibilities to the individuals responsible for specific programs. Monitoring and repot their performances.
- Take leadership to maintain a dynamic team spirit and motivation among the medical staff in the camps while ensuring maintenance of highest standard of code –of –conduct and smooth working relationship with government, donor agencies, implementing partners and all stakeholders.
- Ensure the compliance of referral services as per referral management/policy guidelines. Provide support and supervision to referral assistance and coordination with the referral centers to ensure quality service.
- Take overall lead in carrying out agreed study/survey in the areas of health and nutrition and in preparing and disseminating report among relevant parties.
- Develop appropriate mechanism and communication channels so as to ensure proper co-ordination among the team of program activities to achieve strategic objectives
Monitoring, Coordination and Reporting
- Report to the Project Manager at AMDA PHCP Damak and Project Co-coordinator (part time position based in Kathmandu).
- Contribute for preparation of technically sound good quality program proposals and report for submission to AMDA Nepal central office, UNHCR, donor agencies and GON as required.
- Support project manager to finalize the monthly/periodic programmatic/narrative reports as required, while ensuring contribution received from the camp based technical staff within specific timelines.
- Maintain close liaison with the donors, local authorities, referral hospitals, AMDA implementing Partners, Camp Management Committees, and beneficiaries.
- Support/represent program Manager at inter-agency and government forum to influence AMDA’s roles, policies and views particularly in relation to the future planning and development of the program for refugees and their well-being.
- Ensure that refugees and their representative are regularly consulted so that their views and concerns (including events and trends within refugee community) are well understood and disseminated to relevant parties within and outside AMDA for influencing for advocacy.
- Take lead in developing and maintaining contacts/liaison with rest of the AMDA Nepal programme so that the problems and lessons of common concern are shared and disseminated between the refugees and other projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relation and good relationship with the camp based CBOs and engage them in providing relevant services.
- Manages Heath Information System (HIS), monitors its implementation in the camps and provide technical supervision to camp staff and data entry staff at Damak in HIS implementation.
- Support the Program Manager in the preparation of the monthly /periodic programmatic /narrative report as required and ensure the submission by camps based technical staff is within the specified timelines.
- Maintain contacts/liaison with rest of the AMDA Nepal program so that the problems and lesson of common concern are shared and disseminated between the refugee and other projects.
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure specializes services offered to refugees in need.
- Support Project Manager and Head of Admin/Finance to prepare a realistic programmatic and budgetary proposal to submit to donor agencies. Prepare work plan to prepare a realistic cash flow to the project.
- Pursue the proper implementation and monitor health program budget to ensure that is adequately distributed and used as per agreed budget lines/work plan.
- Develop plan for human resource development and management and conduct necessary training, regular staff review, and sound induction, as required
- Review and revise the job description of staff under the direct supervision within the area of given duty and responsibilities as per the need ensuring the proper delegation of authority and accountability.
- Issue/approve referral slips as required.
- Recommended travel authorization, training nomination and for promotion of staff under the direct supervision.
- Recommend leave of staff under direct supervision.
- Lead procurement committee for AMDA PHCP
- Approve all procurement related agreements.
- Approve purchase order for procurement of all items.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager as required.
- Represent AMDA PHCP at various country program meeting as required.
- Personal Specification
- A medical degree (MBBS), registered in Nepal Medical Council, within at least 1 years of relevant public health experience, managing big sized health project(s) with MPH degree.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Logical planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in Nepali and English languages.
- Must have excellent computer skills [Word Processing and Spreadsheets, SPSS, and other medical research application/tools).
- Excellent proposal/report writing and presentation skills and interpretational relationship.
- Willing and able to work long hours in fairy demanding conditions.
- Experience working in refugee or emergency setting.
Terms and condition of employment
- Special Service Agreement
- Initial appointment period is upto December 2019 (renewable as per the project need performance)
- Salary and other benefits (As per the project rule)
- Report to:
- Project manager & Project co-ordinator
Date: 2076 Baisakh 13 (26 April 2019),
Time: 3:00 PM
Written test (to be followed by interview and skill test):
Date: 2076 Baisakh 14 (27 April 2019),
Time: 9:00 AM
Venue: AMDA Nepal office, Jorpati, Kathmandu.
Exam fee: NRs. 1,000.00 (can be paid on cash in central office, Kathmandu or through bank deposit in Nepal Investment Bank Ltd., Durbarmarg Branch, (A/C Name: AMDA Nepal, A/C# 00101010029009)
The examination is written test followed by interview and skill test. The suitable candidate can apply through online and/or jobsnepal.com.
For more detail, please contact
AMDA Nepal, Kathmandu
Phone: 01-4910235, www.amda.org.np
E-mail: [email protected]