Human Resources Intern (Open to Nepalese nationals only)
- Location : Kathmandu, NEPAL
- Application Deadline : 07-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left : 8d 13h 31m
- Additional Category : Management
- Type of Contract : Internship
- Post Level : Intern
- Languages Required :
- Starting Date :
- (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 03-Jun-2019
- Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
The UNDP Human Resources unit requires Intern to help in carrying out various HR related functions in the unit. Under the direct supervision of HR Associate, the HR Intern will carry out following specific tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in carrying out the HR administrative functions for various recruitment processes for CO, projects and agencies viz; prepare vacancy announcements; pre-screening of the applications, listing of applicants’ details; coordination for written exam and interview; sending reference checks; preparation of documentation for various processes;
Proper filing of HR documents.
Entering personnel data in HRIS.
Support in digitization and archiving of recruitment documents.
Perform any other duties, as required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files;
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion;
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher;
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of Bachelor’s level or equivalent;
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Nepali languages.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.