National Youth Conference 2019
About the Conference
As defined by the National Youth Policy, 2072 (2015), youth means “citizens within the age bracket of 16 to 40 years.” This age-group bears the capacity to bring changes in the country if their energy is rightly utilized. Due to lack of knowledge, motivation, opportunities, and guidance, the majority of youths in the country are not able to find the right path in life and wandering without vision and goals. The trend proves to be good neither for an individual nor for the country. Thus, it is urgent to build the capacity of youths and engage them in capacity building and income generation activities by building their leadership quality and nourishing their creative ideas.
Although the Ministry of Youth and Sports has developed a ten-year strategy and programme entitled, “Youth Vision 2025”, for harnessing youth resources with the aim of promoting their professional growth and entrepreneurship, every day around 1500 to 1700 people migrate for overseas labor employment mostly to the Gulf countries and Malaysia. The majority of them are youths. The remittances that they send to the country contribute 30% to the GDP. Nevertheless, the socio-economic costs of migration for labor employment are high.
The “National Youth Conference 2019” promises to make youths aware of the current scenario of opportunities in their country by addressing them in five major thematic areas; Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs: 3, 4, 5, 8, 13 & 16), Youth Leadership, 50 under 50 (Gender Equality), Youth Entrepreneurship and Tourism (Visit Nepal 2020). The National Youth Conferences in the past years has created history by providing correct guidelines to the youths, facilitating them with enough knowledge and networks, nurturing leadership qualities in them in order to start entrepreneurship and hence preventing them from being slaves to foreign nations. Additionally, Nepal Youth Council has been notably practicing gender equality and sticks its importance in the mind of youths from time to time as both the parties carry an equal part for the prosperity of the nation.
Today, youths comprise 40% of the world’s population. This is a size able number that holds promise for driving the economic development of the country as they represent a vital resource for the transformation of any nation. In Nepal, out of the total population of more than 29 million, youths between the ages of 16 – 40 constitute 40%. The government has formulated several policies that target the youths to encourage their participation in national development such as the 2004 Agricultural Policy, 2006 Labour and Employment Policy, 2011 Industrial Policy and 2014 National Employment Policy. Nevertheless, half of the youth population is either unemployed or underemployed. In twenty years’ time, they will become old. In recognition of the fact that they play determining roles and to bring that undeniably effective force into the mainstream of development in Nepal, the Nepal Youth Council (NYC) is proposing to host a three-day “National Youth Conference 2019” from 10-12 August 2019 in Kathmandu Nepal.
OBJECTIVES OF THE NATIONAL YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019:
- To encourage Nepali Youths in the decision-making process in three levels of Government mechanism and improvement in the field of leadership, entrepreneurship, network, and personality development.
- To empower youth in the field of SDGs (SDGs: 3, 4, 5, 8, 13 & 16), Tourism (Visit Nepal 2020), Youth Entrepreneurship, Youth Leadership and Gender Equality (50 under 50) by outsourcing experts in the relevant fields.
- To mobilize the youth delegates from 77 districts to plan policies, genuinely beneficial for youths, and persuade federal, provincial and local government to have an impact on the local and national
- Youth Leadership
- Youth entrepreneurship
- Gender equity(50 under fifty )
Theme For This Year : “YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR PROSPEROUS NATION: SDGS IN EQUAL INCLUSION”
The conference will be held from August 10-12, 2019 (Sharwan 25-27, 2076) in Kathmandu Nepal.
Things to remember for filling up the form
- Updated CV
- PP Size Photos
- Citizenship Copy
- Recommendation Letter from Local Government (Proof of your current address must be included and the participants should have the same temporary and permanent address)
- Recommendation Letter from Local Organization or studying college or your business firms (Proof of your current address must be included and the participants should have the same temporary and permanent address)
- Letter of Interest.
For Registration: Apply Here