ADRA serves in more than 130 countries to bring long-term development programs and immediate emergency response to communities through a network of global offices. Since 1987 ADRA Nepal has operated portfolios in the Health, Economic Development and Livelihood, Education, and Disaster Risk Management sectors.
Currently ADRA Nepal is implementing Health System Strengthening (HSS) project in province 2 with support from Help International, USA. The goal of the program is to contribute to increase the utilization of key maternal and neonatal services and practices which will further contribute to improvement of reproductive health status of women in the Sarlahi and Rautahat districts of Nepal. The duration of the program is until May 2021.
Position: Project Officer (Kathmandu based): One
- Project Officer is to ensure the HSS project, health infrastructure and supply at local level, integration activities carried out smoothly. She/he must coordinate closely with Palikas/Health Office’s and local partner for smooth implementation of Project activities.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
- Ensure the HSS project activities are implemented in program districts.
- Ensure Nutrition and infrastructure activities is going smoothly in the districts.
- Monitor the activities in close coordination with HO focal person, Palika focal person, HP staff and partner organization.
Coordination and networking
- Coordinate with Provincial/ District level focal persons of the respective palika, partner Staffs, local health facility staff and ADRA staff.
- Maintain close coordination with partner project team and local government.
- Keep professional and harmonic relationship with project team and partners.
Writing and Reporting
- Ensure timely reporting as per standard form/formats in coordination with M & E unit.
- Ensure that monthly progress updates are submitted on time
- Support M&E team in designing and undertaking monitoring surveys.
- Plays a coordination and facilitation role in conducting project evaluations at the field level.
- Supports to organize research and surveys as required by the project.
Work Health, Security and Safety (WHSS)
- Carrying out their duties in a manner which does not adversely affect their own health, security, and safety or that of others.
- Cooperating with measures introduced in the interests of work health, security and safety.
- Undertaking relevant training provided in relation to WHSS.
- Immediately reporting all matters which may affect workplace health, security and safety to their supervisor.
- Correctly using any information, training, personal protective equipment and safety devices provided.
- Refraining from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for health, security, and safety reasons.
- Undertaking only those tasks for which they have authorization and/or the necessary training, and for which all necessary safety arrangements are in place; and
- Cooperating with arrangements made to assist the return-to-work of ill or injured employees.
- Compliance with ADRA Work Health, Security and Safety (WHSS) Policy guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor as project requires.
Qualification and Competencies:
- Master’s in Public Health, Population, Humanities, or related field with minimum three (3) years of working experience in managing health project infrastructure and partner management; community mobilization and working with HP.
Application submission process
Suitable candidates are encouraged to submit written application (application should include: a cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position described above, and a full resume /curriculum vitae). The detailed Job Descriptions and a complete Job Application Form available below should be forwarded by email to [email protected] by 15 May 2020 before 17:00 hrs.
“ADRA Nepal is a Child Safe Organization with zero tolerance on Child abuse and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.” ADRA Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be called for further screening process. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.